I recently came upon a post where the bride was really concerned that her bridesmaids and groomsmen will be tweeting during her ceremony and wasn't sure how to tell her friends to refrain. She was also worried that her friends would be posting pictures of her wedding dress while she was on her honeymoon and that her wedding would turn into a Facebook post.
An expert suggested she put some wording in her ceremony program like, "We’re so happy that you’re here to celebrate with us. Please be here in mind as well as body and refrain from tweeting, texting and posting during the ceremony and reception."
REALLY!? Am I that old? I would never even think about talking during a person's ceremony let alone texting and tweeting. I am truly at a loss for a suggestion here as I don't really like the "please no cell phones during my day" wording in the program. How would you suggest the bride kindly ask guests to not text, tweet during her wedding? I would think this falls in the realm of good manners to refrain so to actually have to ask guests to not participate, well, seems ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment