Our blog has moved

Our blog has moved to a new location-you'll be automatically redirected to our new blog. Please search for the post you're interested in once you reach our new blog location. Thanks!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Organize the Closet-Fabulous Finds Friday

I have been on a MASSIVE organization kick lately (much to my husband's dismay). Just a couple of weekends ago I pulled everything out of my hall closet and my living room looked like it had just survived a bomb attack. It was incredible all the stuff that my husband and I stuffed into this closet. Too many coats to count, clothes, hiking boots, tennis rackets (of which we haven't used in five years) and other random things (phone book-does anyone use those any more?, a dictionary, a thesaurus...). Ugh.

After sorting, donating, throwing away and purchasing some great storage boxes, I put the hall closet back together. It now looks great and I don't get pissy every time I open it.

When I came across this closet organization post (thank you Real Simple), I became so excited! It is all about organizing your closets and some neat storage items that you can purchase to make your closets look fabulous and space smart.





Here is just one of the many closets that they shared as to how to redo (notice the tennis racket, top shelf...apparently it isn't just me...)







unorganized closet






And, (tune happy music) this is how it looks when organized.

organized closet Take a look and you never know, this could be your weekend project (don't tell your partner where you got the idea).

Let the celebration begin!

No comments: