Our blog has moved

Our blog has moved to a new location-you'll be automatically redirected to our new blog. Please search for the post you're interested in once you reach our new blog location. Thanks!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

An interesting activity for your next dinner gathering

My most favorite dinner activity is something I believe I saw in a movie when I first started dating my husband in college. I loved it so much that my husband and I have turned the activity into a dinner ritual, enjoying it over every dinner for the past six years.

Because it has become a ritual for us, we feel so strange leaving it out of our dinner conversation and, as a result, when we entertain we ask dinner guests to participate in the activity. It is such a great conversation stimulant to incorporate during dinner parties because it includes everyone at the table. I have learned that many of our guests have enjoyed the activity so much that they have continued the ritual at their homes during their dinner hour.

So, what is this magical ritual? It is called "High/Low". You ask your friend, spouse, partner, whoever, during dinner "What was your high and low?" The responses usually teach you something about the person's day you may not otherwise learned and can lead to interesting topics you may not have otherwise discussed. It is especially effective in larger groups and gives each person a chance to share something about their day.

Next time you sit down at the dinner table, ask your dinner mate what was their high/low? You'll be surprised with what you learn.

No comments: